Junior Software Engineer
SG Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
SG Digital are looking for a talented Junior Software Engineer to work on the next generation of online sports betting and gaming platforms. Our world leading sportsbook products process over 70% of all UK & Gibraltar regulated bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
As a Junior Software Engineer with the SG Digital Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our products and your career to the next level
- Work as part of a self-organising SCRUM team to develop new features and functionality for high volume, large scale betting websites
- Practice Test-driven development to produce robust, clear, polished, code to a high standard of quality
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable, extendable and portable
- Work with customers to extract requirements using BDD
If you’re the right Software Engineer for us you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrable coding talent in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++)
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Database design experience (any vendor)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
It’d also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design
- Web development skills HTML, HTML5 and CSS. React would be a good bonus
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and/or CI
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 900ff3f9-c96c-474f-aca3-66ab50b3420a