Intern Software Engineer
OpenBet (part of SG Digital) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
SG Digital is looking for an Intern Software Engineer to join one of our teams as we continue to work on the next generation of online sports betting platforms.
As an Intern Software Engineer with the SG Digital Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take your qualifications and skills to the next level.
These are just some of the tasks you may work on as an Intern Software Engineer at SG Digital.
- Interaction with the Business Analysts for small, medium and large projects.
- Development of features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites.
- Design of solutions that are modular, scalable and portable.
- Work to improve overall system architecture.
- Investigate and develop performance improvements to the platform.
- Develop new solutions to resolve ongoing issues with the platform.
- Work with different partners to develop tools in the support of the Development and Quality Assurance process.
Some of the practices you can expect exercise as an Intern Software Engineer at SG Digital:
- Work as part of a self-organizing Agile team.
- Practice Test-Driven Development (TDD) to produce robust, clear, polished, code to a high standard of quality.
- Use processes like BDD to extract and capture customer requirements.
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Current enrollment in traditional science degree, ideally computer science, engineering, or information systems.
- Coding talent in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++, PHP, Python) and interest in learning other coding languages.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
It’d also be nice to have these skills/experiences:
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Database design experience (any vendor)
- Experience on Web technologies and internet protocols (Apache, SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, web-sockets)
- Test automation experience (unit test or other)
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and/or CI / CD.
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet/SG Digital?:
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace.
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow.
- Training support and the opportunity for further career development in cut edge technologies & practices.
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects.