HR Business Partner
SG Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative HR Business Partner. Someone who is passionate about finding the opportunity to bring together all the experiences they have had to date. The gaming industry is in transition. So much opportunity and change. We are looking for someone who loves operating in an environment where there is lots to fix and build as we establish HR as a strategic enabler that drives results.
We have ambitious growth plans and our ambition puts talent and ‘how’ we get there at the centre of our strategy. The HRBP North America and Canada will be responsible for putting in place the basics in HR processes and practices for our North America and Canada population (c. 200, planned to grow significantly year on year) as the US regulated market opens up
Being the only HRBP role based in Montreal you will work with the wide HR iGaming team in TA, L&D and rewards and the Scientific Games US based corporate teams to provide a full range of support for our colleagues.
What will you get to do?
We are on a real journey as a business. We have grown quickly and focused on results and now its time to ensure we have the right set-up for the next stage of our growth, which will be huge. Building on what we have and through acquisition we will need to think strategically so the people agenda is core to what we do, be nimble and build great HR processes too. We have a sound base and great people, but plenty of interesting work to do to improve things.
As an HRBP you will:
- Contribute directly to the success of the business by supporting and partnering with the line managers in their business area.
- Deliver HR activities aligned with company strategy, driving employee retention, change, improving performance, maximising colleague engagement and developing talent.
- Coach and counsel management on all HR policies, programs and employee related issues
- Respond to employee relations issues and conduct investigations for employee complaints, harassment allegations, wrongful termination claims and performance management issues
- Ensure our compliance with US and Canadian employment law.
- With the assistance of our Operations and Compensation team you will provide guidance and advice on our overall compensation programs while ensuring pay equity amongst our employees.
- Implement and communicate policies and procedures to employees
- Serves as a liaison between employees and management
- Skilled and experienced (7 years + ) as an HR Generalist with experience in business partnering, organizational development and change, talent management, performance management, reward and learning and development.
- Qualified degree in a relevant field and CRHA / CHRP or equivalent qualification.
- Bilingual, must communicate clearly and effectively in French and English
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment, working at an operational and strategic level.
- Able to respond and adapt quickly under pressure, identifying and implementing process change where appropriate, with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working with employees at all levels within the organization across as variety of sites and disciplines, with the ability to interact and influence up to exec level.
- Commercially aware and customer focused, displaying strong competencies in coaching, influencing, process development, analysis and problem solving.
- Experience of identifying and implementing appropriate development solutions within an unstructured environment.
- Experience of integrating acquired businesses.
- Experience delivering organizational change within a growing business
- Strong knowledge of Canadian employment law and provincial legislation
What can SG Digital give you
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development - at SG Digital, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading igaming operators whilst working with various clients
- Flexible benefits portal which means you can tailor a package which suits individual needs.
And if that’s not enough, you will get to enjoy flexible working, whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.