Global Business Development Director
Sportcast (now part of the OpenBet family) has successfully established itself as the market leader in delivering the next generation of customer experiences to the sports betting industry.
Renowned for bringing the BetBuilder product to the industry SportCast has a vast array of best-in-class products spanning the three pillars of sports betting within its armoury that are now pre-requisites in an operators product portfolio.
We are continuing our steep upwards trajectory of growth and now require a Global Business Development Director to ensure the business maximises its growth potential with the vision being to power the industries product from end to end!
The Global Business Development Director is responsible for developing and implementing the strategy which will ensure that the business achieves its revenue targets via new business and partnerships.
The role is heavily focused on driving new sales by identifying opportunities across the sports betting ecosystem where communication, product understanding and a strong commercial acumen are all pivotally required qualities, a passion for delivery of the future of Sports Betting experiences is also essential.
SportCast are on an extreme upwards trajectory of growth and the Global Partnerships Director will also be responsible for building out the team required to manage and ensure that targets are met globally.
SportCast are in an enviable market position where their innovative product suite is a must have piece in the sportsbook product offering - this therefore presents a fantastic opportunity for the Global Partnerships Director to utilise their extensive sports betting industry connections to ensure that the growth opportunity is maximised.
Role and responsibilities
- Ownership of the delivery of one of the key pillars of revenue into SportCast - New Business
- Define, design and deliver the strategy that ensures new business/partners revenue targets are delivered
- Develop and be accountable for KPI sales reports which can be used to track monthly and quarterly budget alignment
- Provide market intelligence to support strategic business decisions on product design, development and innovation
- Identify opportunities and build a pipeline of prioritised deal focused on growing global revenue
- Responsible for building out and leading the business development team whilst creating a culture that delivers the very best service to our partners
- Successfully negotiate commercials for new partners and ensure by working with the Global Partnerships Director that revenue opportunities are maximised
- Be a first-class presenter and ensure that the leadership team receives detailed and insightful analysis of the market, commercial performance and the sales pipeline on a consistent basis
- 5+ years’ proven experience in leading sports betting commercial/business development roles
- Entrepreneurial mindset coupled with a deep understanding of commercial activity within the sports betting industry to develop the most effective commercial processes
- Experience managing and developing teams that have been proven to add value at every level
- In-depth knowledge of different business functions within the industry including technology, product, sales and marketing
- Passionate about developing the best possible sports betting experience for customers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Positive attitude with a structured and thorough approach to business
- A team player who can work with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography to achieve shared goals
- Excellent relationship and negotiations skills at C-level
- Deep understanding of regulatory requirements and dynamics
- Extensive links and contacts within the sports betting industry that will enable quick results in bringing in new business