Game Engine Developer (Server / Back End)
UK Studios is a part of the new SG Digital group (Scientific Games). At UK Studios, we create, innovate and develop premium gaming content and fast, flexible gaming systems. Based in Bristol, we provide a broad portfolio of market-leading content to some of the largest gaming operators, lotteries and casinos across the globe.
Passion, creativity and innovation are cornerstones of our company. If you want to work in a growing business with talented people who will challenge and inspire you every day to bring out your best, UK Studios has fantastic career opportunities.
At UK Studios, we believe that success comes from common goals and tremendous efforts. We value merit, expertise, passion and creativity. We strive to ensure that our employees are rewarded for their contributions. As a part of UK Studios, you can expect:
· a performance-focused culture right across the business
· a rewarding environment
· new learning and development opportunities
· diverse and global opportunities
· a people-friendly culture
· a competitive salary package
· dedicated common areas for rest and socialization, and
· competitive benefits.
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
As a member of the development team, the game developer will be responsible for programming new interactive HTML 5 games.
The game developer will have to manage his own schedule with a view to creating high-quality, stable products and meeting established deadlines. The incumbent will also be in charge of maintaining, updating and fixing bugs in the products he or his team delivered.
The successful candidate will also be called upon to improve the proprietary game engines as new needs arise to further increase product quality or to open new markets.
· Design and build game servers
· Design and update new tools, features and functionalities to expand game engine possibilities or to optimize their performance
· Design solutions that are scalable and maintainable
· Build new tools to expand our ability to create better games
· Work with mathematicians to balance the game server to a precise statistical outcome
· Help extend the server framework
· Analyze new product requirements and provide technical insights into the work required
· Participate in code reviews and game design
· Motivated, self-starter capable of multitasking
· Detail-oriented and an analytical thinker
· Disciplined and highly organized
· Endowed with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skill
· A bachelor's degree in computer science / software engineering or equivalent experience coding with at least one object-oriented programming language (such as Java, C#, Python, etc)
· Good understanding of OOP principals
· Good understanding of unit testing and integration testing
· Understanding of basic database operations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
· Skills in the Java Spring Framework, an asset
What can SG Digital give you
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development - at SG Digital, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading igaming operators whilst working with various clients
- Flexible benefits portal which means you can tailor a package which suits individual needs.
And if that’s not enough, you will get to enjoy flexible working, whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.