SG Digital is one of the world’s leading suppliers of online gaming, sports and iLottery solutions. Our team is over 1,500 individuals across the globe, creating fun and exciting play experiences, we create our own award winning games and also partner with premium licensees such as Hasbro, Warner Bros and others to bring franchises like Monopoly, James Bond and The Wizard of Oz to life in online gaming products.
We are a group of passionate and driven individuals who are constantly improving and innovating as we strive to be the best we can be. If you want to work in a dynamically growing business with talented people who will challenge and inspire you every day to bring out your best, SG Digital has fantastic career opportunities. But hey, we’re making games so we also love fun and our balance of work and life is one of the best in the industry.
At SG Digital, you can expect:
* a performance-focused culture right across the business,
* a work-hard, play-hard environment,
* new learning and development opportunities,
* diverse and global opportunities,
* a social and inclusive culture,
* a competitive salary package,
* competitive benefits.
As a member of the development team, the game developer will be responsible for programming new interactive HTML 5 games.
The game developer will have to manage his own schedule with a view to creating high-quality, stable products and meeting established deadlines. The incumbent will also be in charge of maintaining, updating and fixing bugs in the products he or his team delivered.
The successful candidate will also be called upon to improve the proprietary game engines as new needs arise to further increase product quality or to open new markets.
- Program interactive online games with different difficulty levels and for various platforms according to set deadlines.
- Maintain the proprietary game engines.
- Design and update new tools, features and functionalities to expand game engine possibilities or to optimize their performance.
- Integrate additions and animations in customized proprietary game engines.
- Work with the integrator to find the best way to integrate game additions at minimal cost for all projects.
- Troubleshoot and debug games in light of comments from the clients or quality assurance teams (QA).
- Analyze new product requirements and provide technical insights into the work required.
- Fluent in both French and English (all communications are in English).
- Motivated, self-starter capable of multitasking
- Detail-oriented and an analytical thinker
- Disciplined and highly organized
- Endowed with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 2-3 years of experience in online game development
- ??Experience in HTML 5 programming
- Experience in the online gaming industry, or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of mobile or web programming languages
- Versed in client-server programming
- Familiarity with hardware/peripheral programming
- Skills in 3D programming (DirectX) and Unity, an asset.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
The studio is based in Montreal. Canadian citizens, permanent residents and work visa holders need only apply.