SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary teams, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
As a member of the development team, the game developer will be responsible for programming new interactive HTML 5 games.
The game developer will have to manage his own schedule with a view to creating high-quality, stable products and meeting established deadlines. The incumbent will also be in charge of maintaining, updating and fixing bugs in the products he or his team delivered.
The successful candidate will also be called upon to improve the proprietary game engines as new needs arise to further increase product quality or to open new markets.
- Program interactive online games with different difficulty levels and for various platforms according to set deadlines.
- Maintain the proprietary game engines.
- Design and update new tools, features and functionalities to expand game engine possibilities or to optimize their performance.
- Integrate additions and animations in customized proprietary game engines.
- Work with the integrator to find the best way to integrate game additions at minimal cost for all projects.
- Troubleshoot and debug games in light of comments from the clients or quality assurance teams (QA).
- Analyze new product requirements and provide technical insights into the work required.
- Fluent in both French and English (all communications are in English).
- Motivated, self-starter capable of multitasking
- Detail-oriented and an analytical thinker
- Disciplined and highly organized
- Endowed with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 2-3 years of experience in online game development
- ??Experience in HTML 5 programming
- Experience in the online gaming industry, or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of mobile or web programming languages
- Versed in client-server programming
- Familiarity with hardware/peripheral programming
- Skills in 3D programming (DirectX) and Unity, an asset.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents and work visa holders need only apply.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2dfe3855-38d0-43e1-acab-124178b7d4cd