Full- Stack Software Engineer
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
As a Full Stack Software Engineer with the OpenBet product engineering team, you’ll contribute to our full sportsbook platform. You will utilize a variety of software and database technologies, and gain valuable skillsets associated with highly available, high transaction systems.
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites;
- Participate in design and code reviews;
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software;
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable, and portable;
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals;
- Work on full-stack, end to end solutions.
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Demonstrable talent coding in at least one major programming language;
- Working knowledge of web services, JSON;
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux;
- Web technologies and internet protocols (SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- Experience with Maven or another Continuous Integration and Automated unit testing framework;
- Experience working with relational database technology, ideally PostgreSQL;
- Knowledge in Java and J2EE;
- Experience with React;
- Experience with 3rd party system integration;
- Experience in developing large distributed systems and concepts such as caching, sharding, consistent hashing, interprocess communication and brokering;
- General understanding of the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins and Git (BitBucket), JIRA;
- Experience with TDD and / or BDD.
What can OpenBet give you:
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development - at OpenBet, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real-world and business-critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- Flexible working, this role is open to remote workers based out of Athens and having full working rights to work anywhere else within Greece.