Disaster Recovery Manager
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of Scientific Games.
The Disaster Recovery Manager manages the design, implementation and ongoing assurance of Disaster Recovery DR and Business Continuity plans and processes for the SG Digital division.
The Disaster Recovery Manager works with Product, Delivery and Operations teams to develop and document DR solutions for new implementations, and also manage the same in existing environments. The Disaster Recovery Manager ensures Disaster Recovery solutions meet regulatory and contractual requirements both in implementation and ongoing operational testing.
The Disaster Recovery Manager is responsible for DR and Business Continuity policy, process, and standards documentation as well as communication and training organizations and teams to understand their role and responsibility in protecting SG Digital services and data.
The Disaster Recovery Manager works with Group Security and division management to maintain and continually improve the division’s Business Continuity Plans, testing, and reporting.
The Disaster Recovery Manager is a member of the Information Security team and represents security in their responsibilities. The Disaster Recovery manager works with engineers, management, regulators, customers and vendors in the implementation and operation of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify, assess, and document key areas of risk concerning the availability of business process, technical services, and data
- Document DR and Business Continuity policy, processes, standards, plans and runbooks for new and existing processes and environments
- Participate on client delivery teams providing leadership and management of the design, development, and implementation of Disaster Recovery solutions
- Conduct regular evaluations and audits of existing environments to ensure DR plans are current and adhered to and updated as necessary
- Manage the regular testing of DR plans across all environments
- Research industry best practices, technical and operational solutions, and jurisdictional requirements
- Support other organizations needing DR and Business Continuity Planning expertise including sales, marketing, delivery, compliance, and legal
- Conduct employee and team training on security awareness, policy and procedure
- Participate in and support team initiatives and projects
- At least 7 years of experience from online IT operations
- Working experience and knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems, Database systems, and LAN and WAN networking concepts
- Working experience in designing, implementing and testing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions
- Good technical writing, documentation and communication skills
- Strong technical understanding and aptitude for analytical problem-solving