Director Government Affairs
Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services.?Scientific Games’ digital arm - SG Digital is a trusted partner to the world's most powerful iGaming,?iLottery?and Sports Betting brands. From our world leading sports betting technology to our in-house game studios and broad partner network of?third party?suppliers, we offer customers the widest portfolio of content available across our?OpenSports?and?OpenGaming?platforms.?
At SG Digital we have 1,600+ employees (including 900+ engineers and developers) and over 200 customers. We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in London with over 20 offices across the globe spanning EMEA, APAC, and North America.
Leading the charge in the sports betting arena, SG Digital’s?OpenSports?product suite offers end-to-end sportsbook solutions to partners of all sizes in regulated jurisdictions. Covering every aspect of sports betting,?OpenSports?allows operators to pick and choose the tech pieces they need to build a long-term viable product.??????
Director of Government Affairs will be responsible for managing government affairs, public policy initiatives, and driving influence to best align with the company’s Sports Betting business. This role will engage with governments and relevant third parties in the formation and execution of public policy that benefits product innovation, technology, and regulations to progress the growth of our sports betting business. This role will help educate policymakers and key opinion formers, advise internal teams on the legislative landscape, and work across the SGD organization to develop coherent, strategic plans to support our company objectives and priorities.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop, coordinate and implement the legislative and regulatory advocacy efforts to support SG Digital’s sports business interests in global markets with a strong emphasis in the US.
· Monitors legislation and regulations in all state governments related to sports betting gambling and online gaming activity
· Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant government officials, legislative offices, industry partners and thought leaders in order to influence public discourse in support of company interests.
· Build strong relationships with internal business leaders, working pro-actively to keep them well-informed about political, legislative and regulatory developments impacting the sports betting business activities
· Provide leadership and oversight in initiating projects that will positively impact the company’s relationship with government policies and legislation
· Work collaboratively and cross-functionally within the SG Sports organization to ensure consistent strategy and messaging
· Represent the company and advance its policy interests in relevant trade associations, industry panels and advocacy groups
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
· MUST have experience in sports betting and online gambling, OR be well-versed and knowledgeable of sports betting landscape in the US (no exceptions)
· Minimum of 7 years of government relations or public affairs management experience in the United States.
· Must have knowledge of state and local government legislative and regulatory processes.
· Strong, pre-existing relationships and credibility with government entities and third parties in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Demonstrated experience developing and successfully advancing policy initiatives
· Strong executive presence; ability to interact effectively at the highest level of an organization and the savvy to communicate and synthesize complex issues crisply, clearly and convincingly.
· Superior influencing skills and will be able to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies, internally and externally.
· Excellent communication skills and public speaking ability.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
· Previous lobbying experience a plus