Director, Business Development
SG Digital is one of three operating units within industry leader Scientific Games (SG). Through SG Digital, we deliver digital and sports solutions to our customers on a global basis. And through this division, we address the dynamic and fast-growing opportunities within the online gaming and sports betting industries in the US. We do this through a variety of products, all centered around our industry-leading and award-winning OpenSports and OpenGaming portfolios of product. We enjoy a market leading position in the US, further aided by our ability to leverage deep, established relationships across our sister Gaming and Lottery divisions.
SG Digital’s software, services, and solutions power some of the leading and most discerning global sports and online gaming operators, including names such as Paddy Power, SkyBet, William Hill, British Colombia Lottery Corporation, Caesars, Wynn Resorts, and more. We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. The division employs 1,500 employees across 34 offices, serving over 200 customers with more than 2,000 games and 40 licenses worldwide.
SG Digital’s projected continued growth and expansion means that we are currently seeking to further invest in our Business Development team. As a Senior Director Business Development for the US, this newly created role will drive new business development of the sports and digital gaming market for Scientific Games in the US. Market growth is expected to be disproportionately higher than the rest of SG Digital given the new market activity, and expectations are high.
In recent months SG Digital have secured new sports and iGaming platform deals in the US with the likes of FanDuel, Wynn Resorts and BetFred, bolstering its already robust portfolio. With the rapid pace of new online gaming legislation in the US the new business opportunity is will be continue to be significant and rapidly growing. Further supporting SGD’s market leading platform is its content aggregation and delivery technologies for Sports and Casino. OpenMarkets and Open Game Server (OGS) are anchored by Sports proprietary content delivered through Don Best and market leading casino from its numerous studios, respectively. Additionally, OpenMarkets and OGS act as aggregators of third party supplier content to offer the US online operator a massive library of content through a single integration.
What you’ll do
This role will be responsible for signing up new deals, cultivating prospects, and generally acting as the key port of call for all new business in the US. In addition, this individual will be heavily involved in providing key strategic inputs to the senior management team at SG Digital.
Scientific Games is looking to build lasting relationships that translate into new revenues generated through the SG Digital product suite, including its interactive casino & lottery platform (OPS), sports betting platform (OpenBet), trading and data services (Don Best), plus delivery of award-wining casino and lottery gaming titles through its Open Gaming System content aggregator and game server distribution technology.. Distribution of such products will involve multiple business verticals inclusive of real money online (iGaming) and on-property (retail) wagering via government and commercial licensed entities, in addition to social casino gaming on popular mobile and social networks. Given the breadth and depth of relationships of the wider Scientific Games group in the US, this person will liaise closely with other SG stakeholders (including Government Relations, the Lottery division, the Gaming division) across Scientific Games.
As Senior Director Business Development, this role will report into the VP of Commercial - US. This role will work extremely closely with other members of the Exec.
· Forecast, own and deliver against agreed targets for SG’s US digital business
· Identify business opportunities with new and existing customers
· Work closely with Americas operations teams for successful customer delivery
· Run tracking, reporting and analysis of KPIs
· Represent SGD within the market at a senior level to customers, partners, trade shows/panels, governments/lobbyists, and more
· Regular travel to meet customers will be expected
· Influence on product roadmaps and strategies
· Work collaboratively with stakeholders in other SG groups, such as Lottery, Gaming, and Government Relations (amongst others) to drive new business opportunity.
What you’ll need: Attitude and Mindset
This role would best suit a commercially minded executive leader with a passion for overseeing growth and delivering best in class products, services and solutions. Despite Scientific Game’s size and scale in the US and wider Americas, the digital business (headquartered in the UK) remains an entrepreneurial, growth-led organization, albeit supported by the parent group and delivering state-of-the-art technology and content for gaming and sports betting. With this in mind, this individual will need to bring an entrepreneurial mind-set, a high work ethic and a desire to deliver. The person will be supported by the group but equally will need to take ownership for delivering results, identifying growth and building a commercial structure that is best in class.
As well as being commercial savvy, the appointee will also understand the implications of their decisions and the partners they work with on the rest of the business, operations and technology. They will need to work internally to identify how best to deliver on promises made to partners and find ways to be efficient and effective in the way that products and services are delivered in the US. SGD operates a flat structure but within a matrix environment and so the ability to collaborate with colleagues around the world will be key.
We would be interested in talking to individuals from both inside and outside of the digital gaming and sports betting industry. For those coming from outside of the industry, you must demonstrate some basic knowledge and discernible passion for the industry.
What you’ll need: Education and previous experience
· Understanding of the current state-of-play in the US digital gaming and sports betting industry
· Meaningful experience in new business development, lead generation, deal terms negotiation, and supporting contract negotiation. Ideally gained selling enterprise digital gaming/betting solutions
· Relationships in the US gaming and global digital and sports betting market preferred, but not required
· Solid familiarity and experience with business cases and financial models. Individuals must be financially literate and be comfortable with forecasting and analyzing sales dashboards
· Good working knowledge of project management principles
· Knowledge of sports betting and online gaming products, competitive dynamics and key selling features preferred; if from outside the industry, proven ability to quickly learn
· A strategic and business-driven outlook/attitude/approach
· Excellent communication, leadership and relationship building skills. A confident public speaker
· Tenacious personality with an inner drive to achieve outstanding results
· Good understanding of technology and delivery principles
· Experience working remotely from other team members, and as a result, very solid and proactive communications skills
· A genuine interest in the growth of online gaming and sports betting in the US
· Advanced networking skills
· Confident presentation skills to deliver with gravitas and credibility
What we offer
· Opportunity to drive growth within a rapidly expanding market.
· Encouragement and the full support from the leadership team
· Working atmosphere, which is creative, relaxed and highly professional
· Opportunity to work with smart, focussed people challenged daily to solve interesting problems
· Competitive salary and performance-based recognition package