We are looking for a DevOps Manager taking our OPS platform to the cloud.
Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. The company is #1 in technology-based gaming systems, digital real-money gaming and sports betting platforms, casino table games and utility products and lottery instant games, and a leading provider of games, systems and services for casino, lottery and social gaming. Committed to responsible gaming, Scientific Games delivers what customers and players value most: trusted security, engaging entertainment content, operating efficiencies and innovative technology
We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in Las Vegas with principal offices in London, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Montreal and Chicago, as well as 27 other offices worldwide.
The Open Platform System (OPS platform) is an advanced and highly transaction intensive gaming and account system, handling player data, wagers,?payments?and?game specific?business rules. The platform is widely used by gaming operators around the world and built in C++/C#. The increasing number of new customers demands a streamlined and automated release and deploy process aligned with our cloud initiatives.
We are now looking for an experienced DevOps Manager to lead our newly founded DevOps team.
The successful candidate will report to Director of OPS Development.
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader to drive DevOps best practices within the team. The ideal candidate will be able to drive value and collaboration with multiple departments such as development, operations and product. You understand the technology, and know how best to apply it. The team was just recently formed so there will be plenty of opportunities to influence processes, technology and ways of working. You will start leading a small team of life-long learners, who are committed to continuous, never-ending, improvement and expand the team over time.
As a DevOps Manager you will:
- Manage a team of 10-15 team members, distributed across Montreal and Stockholm responsible for building cloud-based infrastructure and ensure that the process is automated and systems are well maintained and secure.
- Coach individual team members
- Coach the teams on processes and practices
- Lead recruiting and hire engineers.
- Develop a full understanding of the business, and our customers to effectively design, develop, and implement tools and processes that enable a highly available, scalable, and reliable customer experience
- Work with business stakeholders, engineering leadership, and architects to drive holistic technology implementation across product teams.
- Listen to and support teams in problem-identification and decision-making. Create an environment of mutual influence; work with rather than use authority. Ask the teams for answers and lets the teams self-organize
- Formulate and drive process and organizational improvement which enhances overall effectiveness.
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Leadership experience as a technical lead, team lead, or manager, 3+ years
- Subject matter expert within your own discipline, with a history of creating and implementing Agile/DevOps methodologies and teams
- Have worked closely with full product teams (Product Managers, Tech Leads, Engineering Managers, and Operations roles) to deliver solutions to customers.
- 3+ years of DevOps engineering experience
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (e.g. ISO 27001) and the ability to apply their requirements and concepts to a complex environment
- BS or MS in related industry/field or equivalent experience (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems)
- Strong hands-on technical experience, knowledge, and understanding of:
- Delivering applications on public clouds such as AWS
- Configuration Management and automation, and infrastructure as code
- CICD practices and tools
- Experience with Relational Databases
The way you are:
- Embrace a servant leadership
- Strong interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills, as well as a passion for leading (not managing)
- Inspire creativity and innovation
- A value-oriented attitude, ability to build congruency and work with others towards a common goal.
- Pragmatist, being able to adapt to change, hold on to commitments, work with limited supervision, and deliver on time.
- Motivated, confident, self-sufficient, focused and determined.
At SG Digital, we believe that success comes from common goals and tremendous efforts. We value merit, expertise, passion and creativity. We strive to ensure that our employees are rewarded for their contributions. As a part of SG Digital, you can expect:
- Performance focused culture right across the business;
- Fun and nurturing environment;
- New learning and development opportunities
- Diverse and global opportunities
- People friendly culture
- Competitive salary packages.