Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. The company is #1 in technology-based gaming systems, digital real-money gaming and sports betting platforms, casino table games and utility products and lottery instant games, and a leading provider of games, systems and services for casino, lottery and social gaming. Committed to responsible gaming, Scientific Games delivers what customers and players value most: trusted security, engaging entertainment content, operating efficiencies and innovative technology
At SG Digital we have 1,250+ employees (including 600+ engineers and developers) and over 200 customers. We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in Las Vegas with principal offices in London, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Montreal and Chicago, as well as 27 other offices world-wide.
Our software platform is built on a fully flexible system that is deployable within the international gaming industry. It supports all parts of our customers’ business (interactive, mobile, and social networks). Our content platform has approximately 750 proprietary and over 900 third-party supplied lottery, bingo, and casino games developed to address the multi-channel content and distribution strategies of our customers. Our software platform supports online interactive game play and enables the deployment of software applications for casino, lottery, bingo, poker, mini-games, and social games over web-based, tablet/mobile, and social media applications.
Our solutions are designed to provide a complete account suite with full back-office capabilities, including tournaments, bonuses, affiliates, campaigns, data warehouses, and data mining across multiple products, all while providing players with community and social media-based entertainment content to maximize their playing experience.
SG Digital are searching for smart and creative individuals to work in a primarily technical role as part of our Casino DevOps team. Individuals are most likely to be an engineer with at least 2 years of professional experience in the domain of IT Infrastructure and DevOps tooling.
As part of the DevOps team you will be responsible for delivery of software from development teams through to production systems.
From CI/CD pipelines through to SRE and Security tooling you will be expected to pick up, understand and implement a wide variety of technologies. This means writing build software pipelines and deployment tooling. In addition to this you will also be expected to be able to learn how to investigate incidents, analyze and monitor performance of live systems.
You will be implementing and enhancing our deployment and operational management tooling, executing it in all environments, including Production and taking feedback from that process and folding it back into our backlog.
We are operating on a you build it, you own it philosophy and as such you will be expected to cover on-call shifts as part of a team rota as a 3rd level SME to support our class leading 1st and 2nd level Support and Operational teams.
The successful candidate is expected to be a strong technologist, with a keen interest in both software engineering, software architecture and technical operations. They will have the opportunity to learn from the ground up the nuts and bolts of building and running large and complex software systems.
- Work with the development team to deploy and manage tools that support SDLC automation, configuration management, and release management.
- Help implement a CI/CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development lifecycle as well as the continual evolution of cross functional collaboration, associated best practices, and standards
- Seamlessly integrate DevOps with infrastructure and automation orchestration platforms through established architectural patterns (e.g. APIs)
- Ensure all services are hardened and security best practices are followed during the automated CI\CD processes
- Create accurate documentation for use by the Development, QA, Technical Operations, Product, Support, etc.
- Work on ongoing R&D effort into tools, processes, and people to further enhance DevOps capabilities
- Help ensure that Product Engineering test environments are stable at all times.
- Create/maintain tools to analyze and visualize system health.
- Help support daily operations through the use of automation and helping build a DevOps culture with our engineers for a better all-around software development and deployment experience
- Participate in defining and prioritizing a backlog of work for the team
- Participate in an out of hours support rota
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or related scientific/engineering field
- 2+ years of DevOps experience
- Familiarity with Linux / Unix-like operating systems
- Knowledge of AWS or any other cloud platform
- Experience with implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in DevOps tools (Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Jira)
- Knowledge of management tools Prometheus, ELK, Datadog, Splunk
- Knowledge of Configuration Management and infrastructure as code platforms (Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Terraform)
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and prioritize work against competing deadlines and changing business priorities
- Hands-on experience in automation and systems architecture, with particular focus on Linux and open source technologies.
- Knowledge of industry leading public IaaS solutions (AWS and/or Google Compute).
- Understanding of open source solutions that enable the implementation of highly distributed, scalable, durable, and performant platforms such as Akka, Kafka.
- Experience with agile methodologies and tools for development and operations.
- Experience with open source solutions for configuration management, elastic scaling, service discovery, and cloud management.
- Practical knowledge of the Docker container platform.
- Practical knowledge of Kubernetes container orchestration.
- Matured views on continuous delivery, automation, testing and the development processes in general.
- Experience deploying and running metrics collection platforms such as Prometheus.
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tooling at scale, preferably Ansible.
- Implementing Java based application performance monitoring solutions.
- Hands on knowledge with different containers and orchestration platforms.
- Experience developing operational excellence strategies for software developed using Akka, Kafka.
- Some experience in working in an environment using Domain Driven Design, the actor model, event-sourcing and CQRS.
- Experience with terraform (ideally on AWS or VMware).
Betting/Gaming domain knowledge is not required.
- Motivated, confident, self-sufficient, focused and determined
- Well organized and consistently meets commitments.
- Requires a "can do" commitment to achieve the success.
- Detail oriented and Strong communication skills.
- Eager to learn and grow
- Ability to work with others and assume shared ownership for our work
- Self-motivated with a drive for excellence
- Passionate about technology
- Fluency in English
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.