SG Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, as well as integrating with the greatest gaming content providers in the market, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story!
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our engineering delivery team in Vancouver or Montreal. The team is dedicated to delivering SG Digital software to our Canadian customers. This role is for somebody to work alongside the Development team, our customer and other third parties to help release deployments and contribute towards delivery process improvements. The successful candidate is expected to be a strong technologist, with an enthusiasm to learn new technologies. As a DevOps Engineer you’ll have the opportunity to gain experience with many DevOps technologies, processes and more.
Responsibilities of a DevOps Engineer within SG Digital
- Perform the deployment of monthly and patch releases for our customer
- Help maintain the efficiency and stability of the deployment process through building automation
- Develop CI / CD pipelines with tools such as Jenkins and Ansible
- Build centralised tools to help the Development team
- Develop monitoring solutions to improve site reliability
- Assist with the resolution of internal DevOps issues
- Support the Development team
If you are the right DevOps Engineer for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Experience using version control systems (eg: GIT, Subversion, CVS)
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Experience with virtualisation or containerisation solutions (eg: VirtualBox, Docker)
- Excellent debugging and analysis skills
- Appreciation of DevOps technologies and methodologies (eg: Ansible, Puppet, continuous integration, etc)
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Enthusiasm for automation of repeatable tasks
- A desire to drive improvement of the whole software development cycle for a team of 30 developers.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Exposure to continuous delivery technologies, tools and methods
Why would you enjoy this opportunity with SG Digital?:
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible career development, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy amazing benefits, a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.