SG Digital leads the online gaming and sports betting industry with cutting-edge software and technologies that put the player first. Our solutions are used by some of the world's most successful operators, including William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfair and SkyBet. Our world-leading OpenSports product portfolio processes over 70% of all UK & Gibraltar regulated bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
Our customer teams ensure that our global clients receive ongoing support and development to keep their sports betting solutions ahead rapidly evolving tech trends.
With offices in the UK, North America, Australia, Greece, and Romania, over 20 customers in the online gaming industry and over 100 partners worldwide, SG Digital provides the most open gaming platform and a product suite that ensures the very best and most flexible solution available. We are passionate about the work we do and have built a reputation on the high quality of our software, our delivery and client satisfaction.
An opportunity has arisen for a Development Manager with extensive experience of team leadership experience to join our customer facing delivery team. You will work alongside a senior management team in order to shape and implement the people vision of the team, as well as drive the successful delivery of features to new and existing customers across the US and Canada. If you like building a strong team, with a focus on delivery efficiency and quality then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved in a key area of strategic importance within SG Digital.
Responsibilities of a Development Manager at SG Digital:
- Line management, directly and through other managers, of a large engineering team composed of multiple streams including Development Leads, Senior Software Engineers, Software Engineers, Software Analysts and QA, across multiple locations and time zones
- Senior stakeholder liaison in the customer's organisation regarding delivery
- Solution design across a combination of productised and bespoke solutions, both directly and through dedicated analysts
- Lead shaping software engineering practices and processes on an Agile team
- Measuring and driving delivery and quality improvement through the capture and analysis of metrics
- Definition, implementation and evolution of development team technical process
- Provision of technical input into project management and account management
- Work with engineering management to drive through best practice, techniques and technology both on the team and around the company
- Planning, implementation and evolution of technical processes and feedback to the wider company
- Accountable for the quality of the implementation and deployment of development work
- Accountable for the security, capacity, stability and performance of the system
- Point of escalation for Production issues
- Motivating and driving the team with technical leadership and vision
If you are the right Development Manager for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong and demonstrable experience managing teams of highly technical staff - ideally managing through other managers
- Strong engineering pedigree acquired during a previous hands-on development role
- Good managerial and leadership skills, able to motivate and lead personal development plans for employees as well as driving change and handling difficult situations both internally and externally
- Ability to work as part of a senior management group leading the team
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Dealing with change on a daily basis. You should be comfortable both with external and internal factors driving this change
- Being opinionated. Especially about quality, and driven to empirically demonstrate improvements introduced
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to work with global teams on a daily basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce platforms whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to help shape a rapidly growing team and enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.