Development Manager L5
SG Digital leads the global sports betting market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful sports betting operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users.
Want to be part of our story?
An opportunity has arisen for a Development Manager with extensive experience of team leadership experience to join one of our customer teams. You will report into the account’s Development Manager and work alongside a Programme Manager in order to shape and implement the technology delivery and people vision of the team. If you like building a strong team, with a focus on delivery efficiency and quality then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved in one of Sg Digital’s most strategically important accounts.
Responsibilities of a Development Manager at SG Digital:
- Line management of a medium to large development team composed of 3-4 streams including Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers and Development Leads
- Grow a team in Lviv from the ground-up to a size of 10-20 in the next 6-9 months and bigger than that in the longer term
- Key stakeholder liaison and alignment with senior people in customers organisation, from product development to operations and architecture
- Lead shaping software engineering practices and processes on an account working in various flavours of Agile
- Measuring and driving delivery and quality improvement through the capture and analysis of metrics.
- Definition, implementation and evolution of development team technical process
- Provision of technical input into the Project Management and Account Management
- Work with Engineering management to drive through best practice, techniques and technology both on the team and around the company
- Planning, implementation and evolution of technical processes and feedback to the wider company
- Accountable for the quality of the implementation and deployment of development work
- Accountable for the security, capacity and performance of the system
- Motivating and driving the team with technical leadership and vision
If you are the right Development Manager for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong and demonstrable experience managing teams of highly technical staff - ideally managing through other managers of leads
- Strong development pedigree acquired during a previous hands-on development role
- Strong line management skills. Experience of building and nurturing a team and building great team spirit.
- Good managerial and leadership skills, able to motivate and lead personal development plans for employees as well as driving change and handling difficult situations both internally and externally
- Ability to work as part of a senior management group leading the account
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Dealing with change on a daily basis. You should be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internals
- Being opinionated. Especially about quality, and driven to empirically demonstrate improvements introduced.
- Must be willing to travel to UK based customer sites when necessary
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.