Development Manager L5
SG Digital is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. The company is #1 in technology-based gaming systems, digital real-money gaming and sports betting platforms, casino table games and utility products and lottery instant games, and a leading provider of games, systems and services for casino, lottery and social gaming. Committed to responsible gaming, Scientific Games delivers what customers and players value most: trusted security, engaging entertainment content, operating efficiencies and innovative technology
At SG Digital we have 1,650+ employees and over 200 customers. We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in Las Vegas with principal offices in London, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Montreal, and Chicago, as well as 27 other offices worldwide.
An opportunity has arisen for a Development Manager with extensive experience of team leadership experience to join our customer facing product delivery team. You will report into the Technical Delivery Director and work alongside a Programme Manager in order to shape and implement the people vision of the team, as well as drive the successful delivery of our product to new and existing customers. If you like building a strong team, with a focus on delivery efficiency and quality then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved in a key area of strategic importance within SG Digital.
Responsibilities of a Development Manager at SG Digital:
- Line management, directly and through other managers, of a medium to large engineering team composed of multiple streams including Development Leads, Senior Software Engineers, Software Engineers and QA
- Responsible for successfully taking the reference Sportsbook product (delivered by Product Development teams), configuring it for the customer, delivering any customer specific features, QA and providing the build to be deployed to Production
- Senior stakeholder liaison in the customer's organisation surrounding product delivery
- Lead shaping software engineering practices and processes on a team working in various flavours of Agile
- Measuring and driving delivery and quality improvement through the capture and analysis of metrics
- Definition, implementation and evolution of development team technical process
- Provision of technical input into Project Management and Account Management
- Work with Engineering management to drive through best practice, techniques and technology both on the team and around the company
- Planning, implementation and evolution of technical processes and feedback to the wider company
- Accountable for the quality of the implementation and deployment of development work
- Accountable for the security, capacity, stability and performance of the system
- Point of escalation for Production issues
- Motivating and driving the team with technical leadership and vision
If you are the right Development Manager for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong and demonstrable experience managing teams of highly technical staff - ideally managing through other managers of leads
- Strong engineering pedigree acquired during a previous hands-on development role
- Good managerial and leadership skills, able to motivate and lead personal development plans for employees as well as driving change and handling difficult situations both internally and externally
- Ability to work as part of a senior management group leading the team
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Dealing with change on a daily basis. You should be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internals
- Being opinionated. Especially about quality, and driven to empirically demonstrate improvements introduced
- Must be willing to travel overseas at potentially short notice
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9c0c91af-a9f7-4f1c-a1b3-7e752be22393