Development Manager L5 - Openbet Product
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
An opportunity has arisen for a Development Manager with extensive experience of team leadership experience to join one of our customer teams. You will report into the account’s Development Manager and work alongside a Programme Manager in order to shape and implement the technology delivery and people vision of the team. If you like building a strong team, with a focus on delivery efficiency and quality then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved in one of OpenBet’s most strategically important accounts.
Responsibilities of a Development Manager at OpenBet:
- Line management of a medium to large development team composed of 3-4 streams including Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers and Development Leads
- Key stakeholder liaison and alignment with senior people in customers organisation, from product development to operations and architecture
- Lead shaping software engineering practices and processes on an account working in various flavours of Agile
- Measuring and driving delivery and quality improvement through the capture and analysis of metrics.
- Definition, implementation and evolution of development team technical process
- Provision of technical input into the Project Management and Account Management
- Work with Engineering management to drive through best practice, techniques and technology both on the team and around the company
- Planning, implementation and evolution of technical processes and feedback to the wider company
- Accountable for the quality of the implementation and deployment of development work
- Accountable for the security, capacity and performance of the system
- Motivating and driving the team with technical leadership and vision
If you are the right Development Manager for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong and demonstrable experience managing teams of highly technical staff - ideally managing through other managers of leads
- Strong development pedigree acquired during a previous hands-on development role
- Good managerial and leadership skills, able to motivate and lead personal development plans for employees as well as driving change and handling difficult situations both internally and externally
- Ability to work as part of a senior management group leading the account
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Dealing with change on a daily basis. You should be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internals
- Being opinionated. Especially about quality, and driven to empirically demonstrate improvements introduced.
- Must be willing to travel to UK based customer sites regularly (once a fortnight)
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.