OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
The Development Lead role will be a key one in one of our customer teams. A Development Lead will be working alongside other Development Leads, Development Managers, Programme and Project Managers, Software Architects and Senior Software Engineers in order to shape and implement the technology and people vision of the team that will drive forward OpenBet's customer focussed deliveries.
A "can do" attitude and out-of-the-box thinking will be prerequisites!
- Quality of the implementation and deployment of development work.
- Security, capacity and performance of delivered applications and services.
- Planning, implementation and evolution of technical processes and feedback to the wider company.
- Adherence to development best practice, notably around CI / CD and Quality Engineering standards.
- Line management of a small to medium development team composed of 1-2 streams including Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers and Quality Assurance.
- Supporting the recruitment of technical staff onto teams.
- Key stakeholder liaison and alignment with senior people in the SGD organisation, from Product teams to Operations and Architecture.
- Take a lead in shaping software engineering practices and processes on the projects, working in various flavours of Agile.
- Motivating and driving the team with technical leadership and vision.
- Ensuring every deliverable has agreed SLAs, which are both demonstrable and monitored against defined KPIs.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ideally 6+ years commercial hands-on software development experience in a previous role plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience managing teams of highly technical staff;
- Exceptional managerial and leadership skills, able to motivate and lead personal development plans for employees as well as driving change and handling difficult and complex project development activities both internally and externally;
- Proven communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
Technical skills of relevance:
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL;
- Demonstrable experience with TDD and / or BDD;
- Extensive experience is the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar and Git (BitBucket);
- Some experience of Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns would be helpful.
- Hands-on experience in developing microservices or working in an SoA or DDD architecture would be an asset,
What can OpenBet give you
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development - at OpenBet, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- Flexible benefits portal which means you can tailor a package which suits individual needs. These include private medical, enhanced life assurance, dental to name a few.
And if that’s not enough, you will get to enjoy flexible working, whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.