SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and on-line gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, on-line Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction. You will work on our core backend platform (C++) that provides the runtime environment for server side game logic, and develop tools, shared components and additional plugins/services for the server side game logic components to use. You will also be contributing to the devlopoment and delivery of additional services that make up the real money gaming ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced Development Lead from any technical oriented development background to join our team of skilled engineers.
The Development Lead position at SG Digital consists of a balance of four main areas of responsibility:
- Technical leadership: Understand the platform and technologies used and guide future direction
- Team leadership: Coaching, support and development of the team
- Customer liaison: A trusted point of contact between SG Digital professional service teams, our customers and partners.
- Incidents: Management of, and escalation path for live production incidents.
- Create a safe and productive environment for the team and maximize developer happiness
- Assist individuals and the team to grow and excel
- Remove impediments blocking team progress and facilitate continuous improvement
- Help the team deliver value to the business through valuable working software
- Build and maintain functionality for our platform
- Work within the team to align technology with strategic objectives and help define projects plans
- Accountable for designing, delivering, and running the services under the team’s responsibilities and within the desired levels of service
- Manage a small squad of developers
- Manage and contribute to technical end-to-end delivery of projects
- Become a primary point of contact for and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal customers
- Lead the engineering and execution of software projects, coordinate with other teams and key stakeholders
- Design solutions that are compatible with the strategic direction of the company
- Lead design and code reviews, set coding standards and ensure engineering best practice principles are applied at all times
- Support the recruitment process of technical resources
- 2+ years of experience in leading agile teams (preferably distributed)
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience interacting with customers, external partners and business stakeholders
- Deep understanding of core software engineering principles and practices such as Object-Oriented Design, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, CI/CD
- Test Driven Development approach and mindset
- Good knowledge of large-scale website or application architectures and technology stacks
- Knowledge of enterprise integration patterns
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, Kanban, XP etc
- Database design skills (any vendor)
- Experience reviewing others work for performance, security, efficiency and portability
- A value-oriented attitude, ability to build congruency and work with others towards a common goal
- Pragmatist, being able to adapt to change, hold on to commitments, work with limited supervision, and deliver on time
- Self-motivated, passionate about learning with a drive for excellence
- Performance tuning skills, including refactoring, code profiling and monitoring
- Automated testing
- Some scripting skills: Bash, Python, etc...
- Application containerization using Docker
- Certified in Scrum or any other Agile field (for example, CSM, PMI-ACP, etc.)
- Release management and configuration management experience
- Bilingual Fluency (French and English)
Working in a highly co-operative team in an international environment, there will be significant training and clear career development opportunities for the right individual.