Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. The company is #1 in technology-based gaming systems, digital real-money gaming and sports betting platforms, casino table games and utility products and lottery instant games, and a leading provider of games, systems and services for casino, lottery and social gaming. Committed to responsible gaming, Scientific Games delivers what customers and players value most: trusted security, engaging entertainment content, operating efficiencies and innovative technology
At SG Digital we have 1,250+ employees (including 600+ engineers and developers) and over 200 customers. We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in Las Vegas with principal offices in London, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Montreal and Chicago, as well as 27 other offices world-wide.
Our software platform is built on a fully-flexible system that is deployable within the international gaming industry. It supports all parts of our customers’ business (interactive, mobile, and social networks). Our content platform has approximately 750 proprietary and over 900 third-party supplied lottery, bingo, and casino games developed to address the multi-channel content and distribution strategies of our customers. Our software platform supports online interactive game play and enables the deployment of software applications for casino, lottery, bingo, poker, mini-games, and social games over web-based, tablet/mobile, and social media applications.
Our solutions are designed to provide a complete account suite with full back-office capabilities, including tournaments, bonuses, affiliates, campaigns, data warehouses, and data mining across multiple products, all while providing players with community and social media-based entertainment content to maximize their playing experience.
SG Digital are looking for an experienced Development Lead from a TCL/Java/J2EE oriented development background to join our team of skilled engineers. In this role you will be given responsibility for creating scalable product solutions that run on our leading edge online casino platform. This will ensure you take our products and your career to the next level.
The Development Lead position at SG Digital consists of a balance of four main areas of responsibility:
- Technical leadership: Understand the platform and technologies used and guide future direction
- Team leadership: Coaching, support and development of the team
- Customer liaison: A trusted point of contact between SG Digital professional service teams, our customers and partners.
- Incidents: Management of, and escalation path for live production incidents.
- Create a safe and productive environment for the team and maximize developer happiness
- Assist individuals and the team to grow and excel
- Remove impediments blocking team progress and facilitate continuous improvement
- Help the team deliver value to the business through valuable working software
- Build and maintain functionality for our next generation casino platform
- Work with product owners and delivery managers to align technology with business objectives and help define projects plans
- Accountable for designing, delivering, and running the services under the team’s responsibilities and within the desired levels of service
- Manage a mixed team of approximately 4 developers and one to two QA engineers
- Manage and contribute to technical end-to-end delivery of projects
- Become a primary point of contact for and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal customers
- Lead the engineering and execution of software projects, coordinate with other teams and key stakeholders
- Design solutions that are compatible with the strategic direction of the company
- Lead design and code reviews, set coding standards and ensure engineering best practice principles are applied at all times
- Support the recruitment process of technical resources
- 2+ years of experience in leading agile teams (preferably distributed)
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience interacting with customers, external partners and business stakeholders
- Deep understanding of core software engineering principles and practices such as Object-Oriented Design, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, CI/CD
- Test Driven Development approach and mindset
- Good knowledge of large-scale website or application architectures and technology stacks
- Knowledge of enterprise integration patterns
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, Kanban, XP etc
- Experience of Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP etc)
- Database design skills (any vendor)
- Experience reviewing others work for performance, security, efficiency and portability
- A value-oriented attitude, ability to build congruency and work with others towards a common goal
- Pragmatist, being able to adapt to change, hold on to commitments, work with limited supervision, and deliver on time
- Self-motivated, passionate about learning with a drive for excellence
- Performance tuning skills, including refactoring, code profiling and monitoring
- Automated testing
- Some scripting skills: Bash,Python, etc...
- Delivering applications in the Amazon Web Services cloud
- Application containerization using Docker
- Certified in Scrum or any other Agile field (for example, CSM, PMI-ACP, etc.)
- Release management and configuration management experience