SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of Scientific Games.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
What You Can Expect
At SG Digital, we believe that success comes from common goals and tremendous efforts. We value merit, expertise, passion and creativity. We strive to ensure that our employees are rewarded for their contributions. As a part of SG Digital, you can expect:
- Performance focused culture right across the business
- A work hard, play hard environment
- Fun and nurturing environment
- New learning and development opportunities
- Diverse and global opportunities
- People friendly culture
- Competitive salary packages
SG Digital is looking for a Development Lead (C++) to join our OPS Development team and you will be based in our Montreal office.
About the platform
The OPS platform is an advanced and highly transaction intensive gaming and account system, handling player data, wagers, payments and game specific business rules and is widely used by gaming operators around the world. Currently, we are expanding the product feature set, integrating several third party providers as well as continuously increasing performance and reliability. The platform is built in C++.
About the work
The OPS Development team uses test-driven development with continuous integration. The work includes all aspects people management of 1-3 sub-teams, as well as hands-on C++ development. We work closely with the Technical Operations team to analyse production issues.
You will be a member of a highly competent team with great opportunities to learn and share both knowledge and experiences.
* Responsible for full line management of teams of developers - including performance reviews, salary discussions etc
* Development lead for 1-2 teams within OPS development, each team constitutes of 5-7 employees
* Responsibility requires technical hands-on of managing, helping and guiding the team members in their daily work technically.
* Responsibility includes collaborating with other Development Leads and OPS Development Manager to head up OPS development into an efficient organization delivering high quality and feature-rich software to our customers
* Responsibility includes making use and promoting the selected development environment available.
* Responsibility includes making use and promoting within the team the use of Agile Scrum
The "can do" spirit
You are familiar with designing and building financial, gaming or other similar systems and take pride in seeing millions of users running your code. You believe that test automation is the way to produce high-quality code. Since SG Digital is a truly international company, we expect that you are fluent in English, both in writing and in speech. You probably have a university degree in a technical relevant area or have alternatively achieved corresponding knowledge elsewhere
- Demonstrable technical background in C++
- Good knowledge of Agile Scrum
- Good knowledge of Microsoft based environments
- Good knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Experience leading teams - either as a direct manager or through working in a senior role
- Structured and thorough
- Independent with good negotiating and communication skills
- Professional attitude towards the business
- Consequent and fair
The way you are
You are highly passionate about your work and self-motivated, driven and dedicated to contributing as a team member. You are also eager to learn and enjoy sharing your knowledge and best practices with others. Being naturally curious and open-minded towards the different personalities and nationalities that are part of our organisation is something we deem imperative. Since our business sector is so volatile, you must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
We bring you a little bit of
A performance focused culture right across the business. But that's just the foundation! We also believe in a work hard, play hard environment, where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. Our office located in central Stockholm is something that we consider to be a huge plus, don't you? As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So, don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!