Sportcast is in a growth phase, focused on delivering the next generation of pricing software and customer experiences to the sports betting industry.
Everyone in the SportCast team is proud of building a business that has become an industry leader in redefining sports betting experiences.
In June 2020 we reached a stage in our evolution, where finding the right partner to help the business scale and conquer new regions was the natural next step and this was achieved when we joined the OpenBet family. Using OpenBet's supreme technologies, reputation and personal development channels we aim to deliver solutions to the biggest client's in the world. Any new employee is welcomed into a business that is uniquely positioned to take advantage of one of the most exciting growth spaces in the world.
SportCast x OpenBet is a team that you want to be part of! Come join us.
We are looking for a pro-active and ambitious .Net developer to support Sportcast’s growth from our London office. The position requires experience with SQL Server and other enterprise database management systems and has a heavy focus on integration of third party data feeds (including real-time feeds) and APIs.
The role will involve the development and maintenance of services to ingest data from third parties into Sportcast proprietary database formats and real time systems. Design, management and optimization of databases are requirements, along with reporting and the support of analytical requirements that include design and optimization to support utilization by data scientists and real time utilization by automated statistical systems.
· Design, develop and maintain services to ingest third party and bespoke data feeds into centralized repositories.
· Ensure that real time data services are reliably feeding data into the Sportcast framework.
· Ensure performance, security and availability of databases.
· Assume ownership of the validation, accuracy and integrity of the data ingestion
· Handle common database maintenance procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration and maintenance plans.
· Support the business and analytical requirements of the business with appropriate data and access structures, reporting and querying capabilities.
· 3+ years commercial .Net programming experience in an Agile environment.
· 3+ years commercial experience working with SQL Server or similar enterprise level DMBS.
· 2+ years experience working with real-time sports data feeds, preferably within the betting industry
· Experience working alongside a data science team supporting data engineering and analytical requirements
· Exposure to cloud-based data storage technologies, including NoSQL databases, caching and key-value stores.
· Exposure to and strong understanding of cloud-based technologies and end to end software development.
· Expertise and experience in following software development management methodologies across the full lifecycle of projects.
· Demonstrable experience with Serverless technologies such as Azure functions.
· Working understanding of messaging concepts such as use of durable queues and long running workflow architectural approaches.
· Proficient with GIT source control.
· Event Sourcing experience a big advantage.
· Excellent communication skills, including verbal communication (much of which will be to remote teams via services such as Skype/Slack)
· Strong team working skills, able to operate effectively and cooperatively within a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Inherent work behaviour that includes strategic approaches to design and exceptional attention to detail
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science.