SG Digital leads the industry in providing online gaming, sports, and iLottery technology solutions, which enable the world’s largest gambling companies to provide games to their players. The role will focus on the online Casino business, which offers a platform of 2.5K+ Table and Slot machines to 180 Operators Globally. 26BN transactions are captured and stored centrally per year providing a broad yet granular view of how players interact with different games, across the world. This uniquely powerful data asset has huge potential to create significant value and is seen by the board as a key strategic growth driver. We just need the right people to unlock the value.
SG Digital is a combination of several, young, former start-up business and entrepreneurialism continues to be at the heart of the business. Employees are given ownership of their own areas of responsibility and encouraged to think big, challenge the norm and drive continuous positive change. The culture is perfect for candidates wanting independence and the ability to make an impact.
Overview of the Role
This newly created role will be in a team of 3 Data Scientists & Machine Learning Engineers focusing on developing capability to improve the development of new online casino games. With rich transactional and in-play data available across SG Digital and 3rd Party games, the team will uncover drivers of player behaviour today and work closely with the Director of 1st Party Content to identify ways to grow player share and engagement, driving improvements to Game roadmap decisions going forward.
We are highly ambitious and aim to develop industry-leading capability that provides competitive advantage and furthers our reputation for successful Game innovation.
Key responsibilities include:
· Developing 360 degree expertise of how Online Casino games work, from a set-up, game-play and maths perspective
· Analyse large amounts of data to discover patterns, find opportunities, and develop highly innovative, scalable algorithms to seize these opportunities
· Design, build, and deliver statistical & ML models and related actionable data-focused results to support product and customer requirements and initiatives
· Identify, research, prototype, and build predictive models to create highly innovative customer experiences working with time-series related data
· Contributing to use case definition and roadmap prioritisation
· Delivering against key use cases throughout the Game Development Life Cycle
· Developing of new solutions from start to finish, executing relevant techniques, iterating results and where necessary ensuring final models are productionised in the data warehouse / core systems
· Regularly updating the business on progress and showcasing outcomes, when available
The hire is part of a wider data transformation, where we are attracting top talent from across the industry to help realise the potential value our data offers. Within this structure, this role focuses purely on Data Science, with a separate data team responsible for the design and maintenance of the BI data warehouse.
· Mathematics & Computational Science expertise across a wide-range of approaches / techniques, including ML
· Hands-on / working knowledge of analytical tools, such as Python, R, SQL
· Working knowledge of NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, SciKit-learn
· Experience in recommendation systems, classification models, time-series, feature selection, class imbalance, and model calibration
· Knowledge of reporting and visualization platforms and packages, such as Power Bi, Tableau, Matplotlib
· Effective Business Problem Definition / Structuring skills
· Good communicator, able to explain complex approaches in easy to understand ways
· Excellent collaborator
· Proactive, self-starter / motivator requiring minimal supervision, happy to work independently in a matrix organisation
· Research-based approach - happy to take on unfamiliar problems and spend time looking into published works on solutions
· Creative, capable of thinking around problems and defining innovative solutions
· Takes ownership of deliveries, setting realistic timelines and keeping promises
· Open communicator - flags issues / concerns, as they arise and keeps stakeholders informed, with good news and bad
· Confident engaging at different levels of management and with people at different levels of technical understanding
· Combines high-personal standards with pragmatism to get the job done
· Results-driven, focused on making an impact and seeing solutions being actioned and delivering value
· Self-learner who looks to acquire new industry knowledge and skills and techniques as required.
· 2+ Years Data Science Experience
· Working with big data, ideally customer / player-based
· Developing data science solutions from scratch
· Creating, testing and iteratively improving new models
· Working with data / IT teams to enable models to be systemised and driving decisions in real, or near-time