Business Insight SQL Developer
SG Digital is a global leader in the iGaming industry with 1,500+ employees in offices with offices in many countries, including: London, Las Vegas, Montreal, Pune and Athens. We operate the largest online casino entertainment aggregation platform, enabling >15M players globally to connect to >3,500 games provided by >40 external specialists, as well as our in-house Game Studios.
With a database capturing >30BN online Casino transactions per year, we are a big data rich organization with a broad, yet granular view of how players interact with different games over time, in 50+ countries across the world. This hugely powerful data asset, has massive potential to create significant value internally and externally and is seen as a key strategic growth driver. This role will play a key part in the journey to realise this opportunity
This role sits in the Data, Insight, and Science Team, tasked with step-changing how our business accesses and acts-upon data to enable quicker, better, fact-based decisions. We are on a journey to develop robust, beautiful looking, industry-leading capability, that is accessible by hundreds of external, as well as internal users, every day.
To help enable this, we are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive candidate passionate about BI solutions, who is comfortable engaging stakeholders and playing a key role developing data solutions.
Joining the team at the beginning of its’ transformation gives the successful candidate a great opportunity to make a significant impact, whilst influencing the wider efforts to develop new capability across the business. We are hoping to attract an ambitious person, used to operating in a fast-moving environment, who is flexible, pragmatic, innovative, and a good problem solver.
If you are the right candidate for us you will also be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
· Strong analytical thinking.
· Open communicator - flags issues / concerns, as they arise and keeps stakeholders informed, with good news and bad.
· Proactive, self-starter / motivator requiring minimal supervision, happy to work independently in a matrix organization.
· Conscientious, with an eye on building sustainable solutions that are well documented and understood.
· Team player mentality.
· Self-learner who looks to acquire new data knowledge and skills and techniques as required.
· Confident engaging at different levels of management and with people at different levels of technical understanding
· Contribute to the development of transformation processes used to populate our BI infrastructure from multiple data sources
· Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of BI solutions
· Design high-end reporting visualizations (Dashboards, interactive Graphs, and Charts, Drill in reports, etc.)
· Collaborate with technical and non-technical internal stakeholders to determine requirements, estimate the level of effort, and implement solutions for reporting that meets business needs
· Support self-service reports for all customer, product and support teams
· Troubleshoot and analyze reporting and data input issues’ root causes
· Document the produced work
· Strong knowledge of SQL for designing, querying, and managing relational databases.
· Strong PowerBI experience / skills and DAX expertise
· Experience in building OLAP/ROLAP Cubes and multidimensional/tabular data models.
· Exposure to data warehouse design techniques and ETL tools (SSIS).
· Excellent fundamental programming skills.
· University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or any related field) or equivalent working experience.
· Highly proficient in spoken and written English
We believe that success comes from common goals, delivered collaboratively. We value merit, expertise, passion and creativity. We strive to ensure that our employees are rewarded for their contributions. As a part of SG Digital, you can expect:
o Performance focused culture right across the business
o A work hard, play hard, people-friendly culture
o Fun and nurturing environment
o New learning and development opportunities
o Diverse and global opportunities
o Competitive salary package