Agile Delivery Lead / Scrum Master
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
The primary responsibility of the Agile Delivery Lead is to lead, coach, train and help a number of Scrum Teams in Scrum adoption and Agile mindset. The ADL is the agile process advocate and mentor for the teams and their members. Assuming scrum adoption, she/he is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum framework by helping everyone within a team understand scrum theory, practices, rules, and values as defined in Scrum guide and implemented by the OpenBet organization.
The ADL is a servant-leader for the team helping external parties understand the way they should interact with the team and helping the team in removing impediments to the normal flow of work. The ADL also provides feedback and reporting for the team’s status and work progress back to the organization.
ADLs also collaborate as members of the Agile Delivery Department so as to identify patterns in impediments, resolve issues and formulate improvement steps and best practices in a unified and common approach. As members of the Agile Delivery Department they contribute in creating, rolling out, and facilitating scaling processes, activities, and ceremonies.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Assuming scrum adoption, the ADL is acting as a full-time scrum master. This includes (but is not limited to) what is expected by the Scrum framework:
- Causing the removal of impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress; and,
- Helping the Scrum Team focus on creating high-value Increments that meet the Definition of Done;
- Ensuring that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, and kept within the timebox;
- Helping find techniques for effective Product Goal definition and Product Backlog management;
- Removing barriers between stakeholders and Scrum Teams;
- Represent the scrum teams in scaled, horizontal, or organization level processes and events as needed.
If you’re the right candidate for us you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- University or College Degree in Computer Science or relevant field;
- At least 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master, Project Manager in an agile software; development environment or a similar role.
- Good leadership skills. Able to motivate, support and drive change at a team level;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, embracing the change and driving improvement. Working effectively without comfort zone boundaries;
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Software Development Processes;
- Qualified scrum master from a recognized certification body would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of JIRA or similar tools;
- Prior experience in software engineering is preferred;
- Good understanding of risks, issues, and the triple constraint.
We bring you a little bit of
A performance-focused culture right across the business. But that's just the foundation! We also believe in a work hard, play hard environment, where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!