SG Digital is one of the world’s leading suppliers of online gaming, sports and iLottery solutions. Our team is over 1,500 individuals across the globe, creating fun and exciting play experiences, we create our own award winning games and also partner with premium licensees such as Hasbro, Warner Bros and others to bring franchises like Monopoly, James Bond and The Wizard of Oz to life in online gaming products.
We are a group of passionate and driven individuals who are constantly improving and innovating as we strive to be the best we can be. If you want to work in a dynamically growing business with talented people who will challenge and inspire you every day to bring out your best, SG Digital has fantastic career opportunities. But hey, we’re making games so we also love fun and our balance of work and life is one of the best in the industry.
At SG Digital, you can expect:
* a performance-focused culture right across the business,
* a work-hard, play-hard environment,
* new learning and development opportunities,
* diverse and global opportunities,
* a social and inclusive culture,
* a competitive salary package,
* competitive benefits.
Working closely and collaboratively with artists, animators, developers, and product owners, the Game Animator is responsible for creating animations and developing of high-quality motion graphics, animated content and game imagery based on specific game mechanics/story boards and briefs. Their work is directly linked to the signature look of our creations which guarantees their success. Our animators play a key role as the bridge between the Creative Team and the Development Engineers and the Game Animator will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth flow of assets between the teams on their projects. Applying their expertise, the Game Animator contributes to all animated aspects of projects and games, such as the following:
* Mock Ups, animatics, and test renders
* Characters and objects.
* Symbols and logos.
* Promotionnal videos.
The Game Animator must be versatile to create visual concepts in a range of styles. Their Artistic sensibilities and understanding of the target market will be leveraged constantly to quickly fine tune work for the project at hand.
The Game Animator will ensure intellectual property and copyright guidelines are followed and production deadlines are met. They must possess a good knowledge of casino gaming overall, casino game art and game play.
The Game Animator must have the creative skills to produce animatics, user flows and motion graphics, they will produce work quickly and efficiently and be fully conversant with the current tools of the trade. The successful candidate will be able to design rich and spectacular motion graphics and animations as well as have an in-depth knowledge of rigging, particle effects and other key aspects of animation. A drive to grow and learn, curiosity, passion for the trade and the desire to meet challenges.
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience in game animation development and production with a portfolio to support this.
- Thorough knowledge of animation principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of animation tools: Adobe After Effects, Spine, etc
- Adobe Photoshop CC - current version
- Ability to visually express concepts and ideas through animatics, drawings and sketches.
- Hands on knowledge of the technology used in games and multimedia.
- Ability to optimize assets using current technology for online delivery
- Skilled at bringing characters to life.
- Technical aptitude and rigor
- Capable of quickly learning how to use new software and of maintaining current knowledge.
- Knowledge of production steps and understanding of creative processes.
- Use of common communication tools, MS Office, Slack, Bluejeans, Teams.
- Knowledge of JIRA and agile methodology.
- A university (bachelor’s) degree in a related field.
- Three to five years’ experience as an Animator in the online gaming, video gaming or multimedia industry.
- Bilingual - Must be comfortable in a French environment.
- Comfortable with 3D tools
- Experience with Game Engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Professional experience in the Casino Gaming industry
- Adobe Illustrator proficiency would be an advantage
A performance focused culture right across the business. But that's just the foundation! We also believe in a work hard, play hard environment, where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!
We have adopted a hybrid approach to workplace location. You can choose to work from home but there also will be regular event/meetings where attendance at the studio will be necessary to facilitate the collaboration and cultural goals of the studio